As the seasons change and we’re thinking more about school clothes than dreaming about that yummy beach vacation…it’s time to start planning date nights! Don’t let settling back into your home routine mean that the romance, excitement and spark of adventure dwindle.
Now, I know that many people think “romantic date night ideas for couples” basically equates to “let’s sit on the couch and watch a movie after the kids have gone to bed” but it doesn’t have to be logistically complex to be new and noteworthy. It’s about making memories, not hassles.
So, without further ado, here’s a list of fall and winter date night ideas that can easily be done in the comfort of your own home
- Coffee Talk: This is exactly what it sounds like. Grab a cup of coffee (or other warm beverage) and go sit somewhere and talk. Look into each other’s eyes. Ask questions. No phones. No distractions. Be in the moment and enjoy the coffee instead of rushing through it…and the conversation.
- Sundaes on Sunday:There is no rule against eating ice cream in the winter! This sweet and romantic date night idea will take you back to that feeling of being a kid again and sharing a sweet with your best guy or gal. Bonus points for creatively licking whipped cream off each other 🙂
- Playlist Love:Spend some time and make a playlist for each other (today’s equivalent of a mix tape). No more than 10-12 songs. Depending on how long you have for your date, you can play them both on the same night or over multiple nights. The story of how each one was selected is sure to bring back memories and hopefully create new ones.
- Pajama Party: This is a great reason to splurge on a new set of jammies. No ugly ones- something cute and cuddly (and maybe a little sexy) that you two can sit on the couch or bed together with a bowl of popcorn and cuddle (or whatever else you may feel like doing).
- Sexy Talk:Well, this is a no-brainer. And if you want some help getting this started, check out these Fantasy Boxes that come with questions for each of you to answer.
- Dress It Up: Who says you have to go out to get dressed up? Put on that sexy LBD, heels and makeup. Guys, rock your best look. Set the dinner table and light some candles. You can even order delivery…the key is to put in the effort to look and feel good for each other.
- My Personal Bartender: We’ve all flirted across the bar at some point, am I right? Play this one out at home and turn on the charm. Whomever will be playing the bartender, learn how to mix up the favorite cocktail and look good doing it. Go all-out and get some fake arm-sleeve tattoos for a hipster take.
- Attentive Server:If you like role-play, this will be a fun one for you. One of you be a dining guest, the other the server. The server should be VERY attentive…touches on the shoulder, laughing…and maybe a suggestive note on the check…
Whatever you do, just be sure to make time for each other and have fun!!